Pages

September 23, 2011

With Deepest Sympathy

I made these cards a while ago and wanted to show them to you. I like the flower as the main focal point, it shows up so well. But then, maybe it shouldn't be so bright and bold. So I made another card and didn't put the flower on it, instead I added a small blue rhinestone. It is more toned down somewhat. I think it is all in what the person likes or prefers.
I started with a piece of black cardstock, I ripped out a page from (a not so favorite) book and tore the edge. Glued the torn page to the black cardstock. I stamped the background with a distressed stamp. I like how it distressed the words from the page.
The tag is from Kraft cardstock that has rounded corners. I stamped the Sympathy words on white paper and punched out with the fancy frame punch. Added the flower and crystal rhinestones in the center of the flower and on the small swirl in the middle of the image. And of course I needed to add ribbon somewhere to the card. I think that is my trademark on a card. (Ribbon). I turned the top of the ribbon to make a loop and glued it between the Kraft and white paper.

                                                      more toned down than the first card
I think they are both very nice cards.

Paper and Ribbon are both from my stash
Stamp images and Punch are both from Stampin Up.

Hope you enjoyed my cards today and come back again.
Thank You.  

No comments: