Pages

August 1, 2009

Merry Christmas Poinsettia


This card is a little on the elegant side I think. I seen this poinsettia stamp at a craft store for a dollar and I thought I could do something with it and for only a dollar if I didn't do something, I wouldn't be out much. Well, let me tell you everyone loved it and I had to go and purchase 8 more of them because they all wanted one. So it must have been a pretty card to some of them.
I stamped the poinsettia in (Stampin Up's) Real Red Ink and clear embossed and heat set it. And this poinsettia had 3 images to make one poinsettia, there is 3 layers to the poinsettia. The center I used Yellow Stickler's. And the (Martha Stewart) branch punch for the greenery on the sides of the poinsettia. It is glued on a White Oval (Marvy Large Oval Punch). I punched the holes in the oval to help take away the plan look. Added some Gold Ribbon for the elegant touch. I had some gold stickers that said Merry Christmas, and they worked for me. I didn't want to deal with trying to make the Merry Christmas in white with embossing and heat setting.
Hope you like this card as much as everyone else did.

No comments: