Pages

September 11, 2009

Fairy Birthday Card



This is the 2nd and last Fairy card for this month. Thanks goodness there is no more stamps this month with fairies. I like this fairy card better than the other one.

I started this card by cutting the cardstock 4 1/4 x 11. So it opens different than the average card. I put 2 slots in the top of the card base and threaded the silver ribbon down through the front slots and twisted it in the back of the card and then threaded the ribbon ends up through the front. That makes a nice bow, if the ribbon is the right size. This ribbon was more stiffer and needed more messing with it to make it look nice. But I think I got it okay. I used a Nestie label for my first mat, a Scalloped circle in a light blue, the Fairy image (which was stamped with color box chalk Sky Blue ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder) on a circle. And last I punched the scallop eyelet border on the bottom. I cut a large piece of white cardstock for the inside verse which was a birthday sentiment. You can see the inside bottom behind the scallop edge.
*
Stamps: Great Impressions
Inks: Colorbox Sky Blue
Cardstock: Navy, Light Blue and White
Embellishes: Silver Ribbon
Other: Nestie Label One and Scallop border Punch.

No comments: